Thursday, April 30, 2009

Still Hanging In...

I'm almost at the 37 week mark! And I am ready to have this baby. I'm starting to get to the huge uncomfortable stage and sleeping is no easy feat these days. But I have to say, I am grateful fro every uncomfortable moment, to know all of this will yield my daughter in the end. Can't wait for her to arrive and to hold her in my arms.

It seems as though we have been waiting on this day for years, and well, I guess we have. The last 3 1/2 years seem like a blur, I used to know all the dates of treatments and failures and how many times we did this and that, and what drugs I was in what amounts. Now it all seems jumbled together, all I see is my blossoming belly and the experience the thrill of feeling baby girl rolling around in there. As much as I am ready to have my body be my own again, i do love being pregnant and would go through this entire journey twice over just to get here. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm off today for my 7th u/s!! Just to check position the midwife wants to be certain that baby girl is head down. It never hurts to have a peak at her!

I finished work last Friday and I can't wait to start the next phase of this miraculous journey, I know there will be challenges along the way, but there always are. I'm anxious about labour and delivery, but we'll do what we have to as always. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

Keep us informed!

docgrumbles said...

It really does change your life, so get ready for a real rollercoaster ride ahead! Hope you have as easy a labor and delivery experience as possible!

Soralis said...

Just wondering how you are doing? Good Luck