Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Work In Progress...

Well, I got 2 injections under my belt so far. They went pretty smoothly. I went for a u/s and b/w on Sunday. All appeared well. Started injections that night and go back for just blood on Wednesday a.m.

It all feels a little unreal still. Sort of like this is a dream or I'm reading about someone else's life. I have done a lot of baby day-dreaming these past few days. Will this really be it, will this really be the thing that does it for us. Will we finally be a family? Can I hope this much?

I can and I will. I have to admit to myself, I have all my hopes and dreams pinned on this ivf. I really don't see it not working. I just won't accept that. I just won't.

Estimated retrieval date is a week from Saturday. The 5th. We'll see how I follow their plan (or not!).

4 comments:

Chastity said...

It's terribly hard not to pin all of your hopes on a treatment like this...you can't put that much effort and money into it and not put everything you have into it. I felt the same way.

JW Moxie said...

I'm keeping everything that can be crossed crossed for you! Please let us know how your follicle checks are going!

emilythehopeless said...

good luck!! http://emilythehopeless.wordpress.com/

sara said...

Wishing you the best of luck on this IVF cycle. Please keep us updated as to how things are going :-)