Wednesday, January 02, 2008

7 Random Things About Me...

Seeing as how I have been an absentee blogger over the holidays, I just noticed wanttobeamom tagged me! My first tag, I am so excited!! So here goes:

7 Random Things About Me:
1. I am on my second marriage, first time around I married my high school sweetheart early in my twenties, it was a 10 year relationship, but only a 2 year marriage. We divorced when I was 24. We were both immature and stupid and I wish I had done many things differently. I'm glad we aren't married anymore, we were so incompatible. But I could have handled a lot of things differently. I am married again and will celebrate my 3rd anniversary in March.
2. I have had the same best friend since we were 12! It's crazy, but awesome. She has been a complete rock throughout my IF ordeal.
3. I love anything with butterflies or dragonflies on it. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's butterflies! My shower curtain, candles, socks, jewellery, oh especially jewellery!
4. I secretly want to get a tattoo but don't because, I am considerably overweight and think it would look gross! If I were skinny, I'd do it.
5. I am pretty seriously overweight, I'm talking a size 18-20, I'm 4'11'' and of course have pcos and it is extremely difficult for me to lose weight. I secretly worry this affects my fertility but have no motivation to change it, I am in complete denial most of the time. It started when I quit smoking at 25, I had never weighed over like 120, until I gained about 40 lbs in 3 or 4 months and have never been able to lose it. I am incredibly embarrassed about how fat I am.
6. I love to travel, I like seeing new places and different cultures. I would go away every six months is I could afford it and my hubby would agree. I really want to go to Europe. I would also like to see Mexico and actually I would pretty much go anywhere, I envy the contestants on the Amaz.ing Ra.ce.
7. I have an amazing job in real estate. I am technically self employed, which has a few drawbacks but over all, it's the best job I could ask for, I just wish I made a tiny bit more money.

Hopefully that wasn't too boring. It was actually harder than I thought to do. Happy New Year everyone! I'll post on my nye trip with Clark and an IF update later this week, for now I need to get something accomplished at the office!

4 comments:

Chastity said...

I didn't find that boring at all! It was insightful...I didn't know a single one of those things about you!

AwkwardMoments said...

I don't think these are boring at all. It helps me get to know you

Honeycutt Family said...

Thanks for sharing. It was quite interesting and very "real" of you.
Happy New Year!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Not even the docs can come to consensus on how important weight is to fertility. I am a size 16 and have had one doc tell me I wasn't overweight and one play the blame game.

Farah at Fertilize Me was given the blame game treatment shortly before finding out she was pregnant, so obviously it isn't all about size.

Oh, and that was not boring!