Friday, January 25, 2008

2dpIUI...

Well the iui went off without much of a hitch. My cervix was playing hide & seek. So it took a few tries, but they got it. Clark's count was at an all time high of 7.2 million (washed)!! So that's good!

In other positive news, I tested negative for any blood clotting disorders. They put me on a l*w do.se as.pirin as a precaution, but everything looked relatively normal.

So, I'm on the countdown. I ended up taking the day of and day after the iui off, for no other reason than I could. I was a bit tired and did some housework and rested the rest of the day.

I already an feeling guilty about anything I am consuming. Today I had one coffee and a sub with lunch meat. God, I have to stop over analyzing this crap. What's everyone's take on the new uproar over caffeine? I'm still drinking my one cup in the morning!

3 comments:

Chastity said...

Congrats on the great sperm! How many times does one get to say that in a lifetime?? lol

I wasn't aware of a new uproar over caffeine. I didn't drink any caffeinated beverages during my pregnancy, but that's just me...I'm overly paranoid.

Honeycutt Family said...

Hoping this month goes well for you guys...
Personally, I have never been a big caffeine person. I guess my opinion is "better safe, than sorry". Can you go decaf or just one cup of regular joe every other day? What does your doc say? I saw on the news that the risk of miscarriage really goes up with 5+ cokes/day and over 1 cup of coffee/day so you are probably fine. It is so hard not to over-analyze everything, isn't it?!?!?!
Jen

Kirsten said...

Sounds like things went great!!
As for the caffiene...I took it down to about 1 (maybe 2) Diet Cokes a day when I got pregnant. I usually drink 3-4 a day. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal because so many women do MANY worse things while pregnant but I just felt better knowing I had cut donw. There's no way I could cut it out completely though. My friend drank coffee throughout the day during her pregnancy and went full term with a healthy baby girl (that likes to sleep a lot!!)