Monday, June 26, 2006

The Laparoscopy

It went well. One minor complication with the lower incision. It started to bleed too much and I was required to stay over night in the hospital for observation, due to the loss of blood and low blood count. But all in all, it wasn't too bad.

I have been pretty sore at the lower incision site, but nothing unbearable. I return to the doctor on Thursday to have the stitches removed.

The results were the best I could have expected. The DR did find partial blockages in both tubes and thinks she was able to clear them out and all other reproductive organs look good! So hopefully we have fixed at least one cause of the problem.

I resist the urge to get too optimistic and hope that this will be the miracle cure that will make all my dreams come true. But am cautiously optimistic that we are at least moving in the right direction.

I am back at work today, although still pretty tender, but I have a desk job, that doesn't require me to move around alot, so I am doing pretty well.

As for the future, I think this month is out, I should be ovulating on Friday and am unsure if sex will be in the picture at that point, but we'll see, I'm not ruling anything out at this point. This is my second month off the clomid, so I will give it a try if my body allows it this week. Otherwise, we are back on the clomid next month and we'll give it our all then.

My DR feels the next 3 months are going to be my best shot. Let's have a little hope I guess. It sure would be nice to have a spring 2007 baby. But again I must remind myself to proceed with cautious optimism. There is such a fine line and short time between hope and disappointment.

1 comment:

x said...

"fine line and short time between hope and disappointment" - perfect! I couldn't have said it better. I hope that the surgery and clearing the blockage are the solutions you need.